Again, another old skool print production artist job description, which also includes preparing files for print. Responsible for producing mechanicals from layout or spec sheets for final production. Produces materials for creative presentations, new business and internal projects. Produces prepress files, such as pdf/x1-a files for publications. Create and ensure the delivery of correctly prepared, complete, accurate artwork to printers and manufacturers.
- Review assignments directly with the Studio supervisor to determine the best method of execution.
- Produce computer mechanicals based on the creative concept layout and maintain the creative integrity of the original concept.
- Review prepress file specifications prior to producing files and maintain consistent file preparation suitable for outputting by publications or vendors.
- Assist the studio manager in developing methods to create and maintain consistent studio file preparation.
- Produce consistent file results between the comp, layout and final mechanical.
- Track usage & maintenance of all studio devices; computers, printers, scanners and digital cameras, etc.
- Maintain a clean studio and surrounding environment.
- Work with staff to produce reproduction artwork for design, advertising, and other projects.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of files that are created or sent to print publications or vendors.
- Communicate as necessary with studio or project manager to eliminate and prevent errors and problems
- Check artwork for completeness and assure adherence to standards
- Monitor art preparation guidelines. Recommend technical and procedural updates and changes as needed
- Assist in the collection and distribution of assets for preparation of production artwork as necessary
- Assist in organizing, monitoring, archiving, and maintaining files on the server