Senior Analyst / Analytics & SEO (It depends on who you find, typically two different people, this is a SEO version.)
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for developing SEO strategies for our strategic practice. The senior analyst reports to the Director of Strategy in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment with the aim of providing SEO leadership in managing the strategic marketing programs for some of the most recognized brands in the world.
The Senior Analyst (SA) develops SEO thinking for our strategic programs for our clients on an ongoing and project basis. S/he will create and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients, developing strategic solutions and plans that best fit the agency and clients’ needs. The senior analyst will translate clients’ business goals into successful search engine optimization strategies, perform technical site analysis, competitive/keyword research, and link analysis. They will also be responsible for optimizing various site elements, including site structure, content based marketing campaigns and guiding the development of reports which highlight the qualitative and quantitative trends from ongoing SEO efforts. The SA will also manage the campaign measurement process to ensure that clients and agency are aligned on key performance metrics, establishing realistic business goals, and providing accountability through reporting and analytics, and providing optimized strategies moving forward. In this role, the SST insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Innovator and influencer level communications.
- Deliver a consistently superior creative product.
- Work that is strategic and above all creative.
- BA/BS Business, Marketing or information technology, minimum of three years of advertising or interactive agency SEO experience.
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- Have an understanding of all digital media disciplines.
- Proven ability to synthesize data/results, identify trends/key findings and present innovative integrated SEO recommendations that go beyond existing scope of work to achieve clients' marketing and communications objectives
- Able to apply creativity in engineering and guiding technical teams towards implementing solutions regardless of, but informed by a client’s technology stack
- Knowledge of SEO platforms including BrightEdge, Conductor Searchlight, Raven Tools, Advanced Web Ranking, and/or SEOmoz.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Expert knowledge of all functional agency departments, capabilities and service areas
- Deep understanding of a wide range of industries, markets and brands, and what it takes to stand out and service them
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments, traveling as required.
- Great project management abilities
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects.
The Senior Analyst position requires ongoing and in-depth interactions with the following: The SA reports to the Head of Strategic Services. Within the agency, the SA is a project leader for our SEO strategic programs and client integration efforts. As assigned, the SA has overall project responsibility for leading assigned client strategic services effort. Within the agency, the SA works closely with all agency personnel in developing plans, recommendations and deliverables. The SA will have direct client contact with new and existing assigned agency clients, PR and consultants, media partners and potential agency partners.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Analyst has four areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables.
- Collaborates with other members of the strategy department, Account Supervisor or Manager, Client Services, on preparation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the client.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: SEO & SEM needs and programs, media output, creative output, research reports and client data.
- Defining project scope, estimate and writing proposals, works with producer in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
- Understand business objectives, challenges and opportunities of target and industry
- Develop in collaboration with the The agency team, innovative and / or differentiating products and services
- Understands and can analyze a client’s personas, marketing positions, and consumer journeys.
Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Develop integrated SEO marketing strategies and tactical plans to meet and exceed the client’s marketing and business goals and objectives
- Generate and drive insight for internal and client audiences around media, brands, consumers, and experiences
- Represent the agency at conferences, events and symposiums
- Provide market research, analyses and insights into latest industry trends
- Position Impact with key industry influencers and though leaders
- Maintain, grow and develop existing client accounts.
- Monitoring and enforcing new business risk and constraints (schedule / scope / resources)
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity working
Strategic Project Management
- Manage assigned agency strategy efforts and projects, involved with projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Product manage long term properties including: positioning development, marketing plans, manufacturing or development needs, timeline and roadmap planning, stats analysis and reporting
- Develop integrated marketing strategies and tactical plans to meet and exceed the client’s marketing and business goals and objectives
- Generate and drive SEO insight for internal and client audiences around media, brands, consumers, and experiences
- Design, execute and manage research
- Manage measurement, analytics, data gathering, and reporting for clients’ and agency
- Provide strategic branding thought leadership and expertise to expand business relationships
- Oversee development of SEO related marketing plans and creative briefs
- Developing and implementing new processes to increase efficiencies and effectiveness of research, measurement, and strategy work for teams
- Work with all departments to develop integrated solutions and expand the services BG provides to clients
- Actively participates in client presentations
- Help lead research initiatives and manage outside consultants