You have a proven record of working in a creative environment with at least four years interactive / social & content strategy experience. This role is exciting and demanding so the candidate must be ready for a challenge! The ideal candidate will be well versed in developing content and social media strategy programs producing interactive campaigns that live across social media platforms and content across all online channels. You lead teams, excel at managing complex projects and the client experience.
The Social Media & Content Strategist develops paid and non-paid social media and content strategies, helping to grow our client’s business through a variety of online and social channels. The strategists helps to grow the client’s business and ensuring the team execution meets and exceeds client expectations. In this role, the Strategist insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible social media / content strategy and planning.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- A consistently superior creative product.
The role is client facing and has scope for career development and enhancing skills across a range of disciplines.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Business preferred.
- Interest in and aptitude for developing social media and content strategy solutions
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a strategist in a creative agency or digital agency environment
- Possesses understanding of Social advertising campaign management and optimization practices across the biggies, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pintrest, Vine and Instagram.
- Monitors the latest trends in social media, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how clients can best leverage new tools and services
- Compile data across several social media platforms and create weekly/monthly reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development
- Demonstrates strategic insight to develop long term execution plans from client’s stated business objectives and implement those plans
- Displays organizational capabilities to track progress, execution and consistency of social advertising campaigns
- Exhibits solid communication skills in order to effectively present strategic and tactical plans to clients and internal teams - new business experience a plus.
- Demonstrates understanding of and ability to facilitate and manage forecasting, budgeting and pacing, campaign creation and optimization
- Displays understanding of business concepts and client objectives in order to identify campaign expansion opportunities
- Possesses well developed analytical ability to extract insight from data and plan next steps across multiple marketing mediums
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects under tight deadlines.
The Strategist’s position requires ongoing and in-depth interactions with the following:
- Internal: The Strategist reports to the Head of Account Services. As assigned, the Strategist has overall responsibility for leading the client content and social media strategy effort. Within the agency, the Strategist is the leader/coordinator for the client’s social media and content programs and works closely with all agency personnel in determining project scope, estimating, planning, executing and monitoring assigned projects and deliverables.
- External: The Strategist will have direct client contact with assigned agency clients and participate in the agency’s new business efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Social Media and Content Strategist has four areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
- Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets, media, content and editorial plans and realistic timetables.
- Collaborates with the Account Team in creation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the client.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: all assigned creative projects, internal agency projects and assigned new business projects.
- Provide client platform / business updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities and threats to their business
- Defining project scope, estimate and writing scope of works and technical specifications, works with account team in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
- Educates account team and clients and manages their needs and expectations.
- Determines project risk on an ongoing basis, escalates issues as needed.
- Experience in leading complex multidisciplinary projects.
- Employ a variety of research techniques to understand and analyze online data and provide insight about relevant online conversations and voices in those conversations
- Monitors out of scope requests, initiates additional estimates and approvals.
- Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides leadership within the agency and monitors work scope against all variables.
- Monitors all strategic activity on assigned projects and communicates status of each project to appropriate agency and client personnel in order to meet project deadlines.
- Act as the team leader on all assigned projects.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow. Escalating exceptions and issues to Director level as required.
- Presenting content and social media strategy deliverables to clients
- Monitoring and enforcing project constraints (schedule / scope / resources)
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity working
- Strategy and Content Development
- Competitive site analysis and benchmarking in content breadth, organization and presentation.
- Creating development plans for online content; recommending content types and organization based on user needs and marketing goals, identifying content gaps
- Selecting and evaluating content; developing site content matrix.
- Defining research requirements for web strategy.
- Developing content attributes and classification schemes (content models)
- Understanding of relational databases is desirable.
- Content development and editorial calendar planning
- Familiarity with content management and editorial processes preferred
- Initiates and leads all appropriate project meetings.
- Conduct online media, influencer & partnership outreach.
- As needed assist in the execution of on-going content for clients
- Financial & Administrative
- Work with internal and external managers to identify goals and metrics and integrate those metrics into the content development process.
- Build, track and monitor assigned strategic projects.
- Monitor and analyze online media and other relevant digital communications channels.
- Work closely with clients and account teams on the development of social media programs and strategies
- Prepare reports summarizing the results of social media campaigns
- Strong business and personal ethics