An example of an Integrated Producer job description,
Typically has a record of working in a creative environment with at least four years digital/broadcast or interactive production with a mix of project management, engagement manager or account manager roles. The ideal candidate is based on your own agency specific needs, but may be versed in producing campaigns across content platform spaces (content, website dev, commerce, heavy broadcast (short and long-form video), experiential, print, social, etc. They lead project teams, and excel at managing complex projects and the client experience. (Our T-Shaped Dudes)
The Integrated producer initiates, maintains and manages the client's projects with the agency on an ongoing and project basis. They direct and coordinate the day-to-day agency efforts on assigned accounts. In this role, the Producer insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible project management and planning.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- A consistently superior creative product.
The role is client facing and typically has a scope for career development (senior producer, executive producer, head of production, etc.) and enhancing skills across a range of disciplines.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Digital or Broadcast production.
- Interest in and aptitude for producing creative and marketing solutions
- Knowledge of web application design and build
- Knowledge of broadcast production and post production.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a producer in a creative agency or production environment (digital, production, broadcast, post)
- Experience in Integrated marketing preferred
- Well versed in executing campaigns across multiple platforms
- Client-facing experience
- Great project management abilities in a leadership role
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Experience working with clients to develop and negotiate project scopes and budgets
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects under tight deadlines.
The Producer’s position requires ongoing and in-depth interactions with the following:
- Internal: The Producer reports to the Executive Producer. As assigned, the Producer has overall responsibility for leading the client production effort. Within the agency, the Producer is the leader/coordinator for the client and works closely with all agency personnel in determining project scope, estimating, planning, executing and monitoring assigned projects and deliverables. Oversees and motivates project teams.
- External: The Producer will have direct client contact with assigned agency clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Producer has four areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
- Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables.
- Collaborates with the Account Team on preparation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the client.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: all assigned creative projects, internal agency projects and assigned new business projects.
- Provide client platform / business updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities and threats to their business
- Defining project scope, estimate and writing scope of works and technical specifications, works with account team in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
- Educates account team and clients and manages their needs and expectations.
- Determines project risk on an ongoing basis, escalates issues as needed.
- Evaluate best team makeup for assigned projects.
- Monitors out of scope requests, initiates additional estimates and approvals.
- Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides leadership within the agency and monitors work scope against all variables.
- Monitors all budget and production activity on assigned projects and communicates status of each project to appropriate agency and client personnel in order to meet project deadlines.
- Act as the team leader on all assigned projects.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow.
- Educating clients and managing their needs and expectations.
- Keeping project status reports up to date
- Monitoring and enforcing project constraints (schedule / scope / resources)
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity working
- Drive projects to final stages of completion by keeping the team both on track and highly motivated.
- Project & Product Management
- Manage assigned projects, involved with client projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Provide and maintain projects status - liaising with development teams, designers and commercial staff to provide accurate updates of project statuses
- Project quality assurance - testing and review of output, reviewing outputted deliverables against scope
- Asset Management, sourcing through final delivery
- Initiates and leads all appropriate project meetings.
- Financial & Administrative
- Monitor all internal and external costs for assigned projects.
- Creates and maintains all project backup, status reports, PO’s, estimates, schedules, change orders, technical and production specs, preproduction books and any other associated backup.
- Manage vendors and talent on assigned projects - create purchase orders, monitor actual vs. budgeted costs.
- Manage the production of new business presentations and materials as assigned
- Manage agency internal projects and assist in preparing materials for creative presentations and meetings
- Works with account executive to insure proper billing and invoicing.
- Reviews WIPs and final billing reports.