Front End Developer
The Front End Developer (FED) designs and grows a client's brand with the agency on an ongoing and project basis. They will function as a key member of the Development team responsible for creating, iterating, presenting, and delivering exceptional design solutions that exceed client expectations. In this role, the FED insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Conceptual visual / prototype creation of ideas spanning all areas of integrated communication, branding and interactive programs.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- Deliver a consistently superior creative product.
- A collaborative approach to the user-centered design process.
- Innovative solutions and experiences.
- Sound code.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts, Media Arts, Interaction Design or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing interactive web and mobile applications
- Proven ability in implementing Canvas and CSS3 based animations, transitions, and behaviors
- Proven experience with touchscreen, cross-browser compatibility, fluid layouts and adaptive layouts
- Fluency in the principles of user-centered design methods, information architecture, usability, and interface and interaction design
- A broad portfolio of dev work demonstrating expertise in at least 2 major areas of UX design.
- A strong knowledge of the various software options used in the field for design and rapid prototyping (Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, and Axure, Invision)
- A firm grasp of a range of UX tools, processes, and outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through a comfortability in presenting work and actively gathering feedback, both internally and with clients
- An enthusiasm for keeping up to date on current topics in the field to inspire and inform client work and organizational culture
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking capabilities
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- Will make fun of my coding skills
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects.
- Capability to work on simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines.
The FED position requires ongoing and in-depth interactions with the following: The FED reports to the HOD. As assigned, the FED has overall responsibility for designing the client’s front end & user experience design effort. Within the agency, the FED is a development leader for the client and works closely with all agency personnel in developing and executing deliverables The FED may direct client contact with assigned agency clients. Must have great communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
The FED has four areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables.
- Collaborates with the HD, Head of Account Services, President, Head of Strategy and Head of Digital, on preparation of marketing recommendations, visual design strategies and actions for the client.
- Participate in requirements gathering and functional specification activities, providing feedback on implementation feasibility
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: visual media output, creative output, research reports and client data.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize upcoming opportunities and threats to their projects.
- Works with peers in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
- Assist in translating complex business requirements, user requirements, and specifications
- Participate in concept generation and prototyping
- Back-End Development familiarity
Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides Front-End development leadership within the agency on behalf of the client.
- Monitors all budget, research and design related activity to their individual projects.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow.
- Educating clients on visual design and a track record of creating awesome work.
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity working
- Support business development by contributing UX perspectives and concept development as needed
Project & Product Management
- Can self manage projects from concept to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Provide and maintain projects status - liaising with development teams, designers and staff to provide accurate updates of project statuses
- Project quality assurance - testing and review of output, reviewing outputted deliverables against scope
- Understands: visual design, Ux, UI, branding, positioning development, marketing plans, manufacturing or development needs, timeline and roadmap planning, stats analysis and reporting.
- Strong creative front-end skills to develop product ready web applications, functional prototypes and interactive demos for a variety of web and mobile-based initiatives.
- Management and leadership skills
- Able to decipher complex communication briefs and objectives into intelligent design and media / technology solutions. - storyteller with the ability to command a room and build strong client relationships.
- Program that XXX! CSS that XXX!
- Rapidly develop and iterate prototypes that run on the web and mobile devices to validate design concepts based on wireframe designs and high-fidelity mockups created in Photoshop or Illustrator
- Effectively communicate project implications and blockers in a clear and timely manner to manager and stakeholders
- Direct in planning and development of usability testing