You will have a proven record of working in a creative agency environment with at least eight years of new media, broadcast, and integrated experiences. This role is exciting and demanding so the candidate must be ready for a challenge! The ideal candidate will also be well versed in the ideation of campaigns across multiple media and creating storytelling within the overall marketing mix. You will have great client-facing experience alongside tough creative management abilities.
The Executive Creative Director (ECD) maintains and grows our client's business with The agency on an ongoing and project basis. They direct and coordinate the day-to-day agency creative efforts on behalf of the client’s product and/or service on assigned accounts. In this role, the ECD insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Conceptual creation of ideas spanning all areas of integrated communication, branding and interactive programs.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- Deliver a consistently superior creative product.
- Innovative solutions and experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts, Media Arts, Interaction Design or equivalent education and experience. The ideal candidate will have 10-15 or more years of broad creative and management experience, including experience in both corporate, consumer and digital. She / he must have experience leading cross-discipline teams.
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- Knowledge of web application design and build
- Experience in Integrated marketing.
- Will make fun of the copy here, and write better than any of us.
- Well versed in planning campaigns across multiple platforms
- Great client-facing experience.
- Great creative management abilities
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects.
The ECDs position requires ongoing and in-depth interactions with the following:
- Internal: The ECD reports to the CEO. As assigned, the ECD has overall responsibility for leading the client creative effort. Within the agency, the ECD is a thought leader for the client and works closely with all agency personnel in developing and executing deliverables.
- External: The ECD will have direct client contact with assigned agency clients. Must be an excellent pitch person, with great written and oral communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
The ECD has four areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
- Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets and objectives for the creative department.
- Collaborates with senior team on preparation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the client.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: media output, creative output, research reports and client data.
- Provide client platform / business updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities and threats to their business
- Defining creative scope with the producer.
- Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides creative leadership within the agency on behalf of the client.
- Monitors all department budget, research and creative activity.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow.
- Educating clients and a track record of creating awesome work.
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity working
- Project & Product Management
- Manage client projects, involved with client projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Provide and maintain projects status - liaising with development teams, designers and commercial staff to provide accurate updates of project statuses
- Project quality assurance - testing and review of output, reviewing outputted deliverables against scope
- Understands: positioning development, marketing plans, manufacturing or development needs, timeline and roadmap planning, stats analysis and reporting.
4. Creative Development
- Strong creative approach for video, interactive and user journey experience with proven skills in interaction design, brand and campaign concepting and execution.
- Management and leadership skills
- Able to decipher complex communication briefs and objectives into intelligent design/copy and media / technology solutions. - Master storyteller with the ability to command a room and build strong client relationships.
- Previous cross discipline experience that covers interactive / experiential design, creative media arts, immersive and reactive environments and narrative storytelling for multi-sensory physical experiences.
- Management and mentoring of creative team. Able to concept and translate a complex technology driven idea to action and drive team to successful execution.