The Visual Designer (VD) designs and grows a client's brand with the agency on an ongoing and project basis. They work on the day-to-day agency creative efforts on behalf of the client’s product and/or service on assigned accounts. In this role, the VD insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Conceptual visual creation of ideas spanning all areas of integrated communication, branding and interactive programs.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- Deliver a consistently superior creative product.
- Innovative solutions and experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts, Media Arts, Interaction Design or equivalent education and experience.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of broad visual and interactive design experience, including experience in both consumer and digital work.
- Proven experience in interactive/mobile/web and visual design.
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- Knowledge of web application design and build
- Experience in Integrated marketing, branding and visual design.
- Will make fun of my design skills and user experience background
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects.
- Experience with print and digital production
- Capability to work on simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience with UX/UI, IA, motion graphics, & web design.
- Knowledge of animation and/or video editing software such as After Effects, Flash, etc
- Familiarity with game design, storyboarding, creating prototypes (prototyping software tools).
- Comfortable with short development cycles and flexible with shifting priorities.
- Illustration and drawing skills preferred.
The VD reports to a HD. As assigned, the VD has overall responsibility for designing the client’s creative design effort. Within the agency, the VD is a visual design leader for the client and works closely with all agency personnel in developing and executing deliverables. The VD may direct client contact with assigned agency clients. Must be an excellent pitch person, with great communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
The VD has four areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables.
- Collaborates with the HD, Head of Account Services, President, Head of Strategy and Head of Digital, on preparation of marketing recommendations, visual design strategies and actions for the client.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: visual media output, creative output, research reports and client data.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize upcoming opportunities and threats to their projects.
- Defining visual design scope, works with peers in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides visual design leadership within the agency on behalf of the client.
- Monitors all budget, research and design related activity to their individual projects.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow.
- Educating clients on visual design and a track record of creating awesome work.
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity working
Project & Product Management
- Can self manage design projects from concept to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Provide and maintain projects status - liaising with development teams, designers and staff to provide accurate updates of project statuses
- Project quality assurance - testing and review of output, reviewing outputted deliverables against scope
- Understands: visual design, Ux, UI, branding, positioning development, marketing plans, manufacturing or development needs, timeline and roadmap planning, stats analysis and reporting.
- Strong visual approach for video, interactive and user journey experience with proven skills in interaction design, brand and campaign concepting and execution.
- Management and leadership skills
- Able to decipher complex communication briefs and objectives into intelligent design and media / technology solutions. - storyteller with the ability to command a room and build strong client relationships.
- Previous cross discipline experience that covers interactive / experiential design, creative media arts, immersive and reactive environments and narrative storytelling for multi-sensory physical experiences.
- Management and mentoring of junior designers. Able to concept and translate a complex technology driven idea to action and drive team to successful execution.
- Experience with both print and digital production.