The ECD does a lot. In this version of a JD, he may direct other CDs, teams or creative areas.
The Executive Creative Director (ECD) maintains and grows the client's business with the new business agency team on an ongoing basis. They direct and coordinate the day-to-day agency creative efforts on behalf of the client’s product and/or service on assigned accounts. In this role, the ECD insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Conceptual creation of ideas spanning all areas of integrated communication, branding and interactive programs.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- Deliver a consistently superior creative product.
- Innovative solutions and experiences.
The Requirements (This can vary greatly)
- Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts, Media Arts,Journalism, Interaction Design or equivalent education and experience. The ideal candidate will have 10-15 or more years of broad creative and management experience, including experience in both corporate, consumer and digital. She / he must have experience leading cross-discipline teams.
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- Knowledge of (core agency creative tactics/strategy offerings)
- Experience in Integrated marketing.
- Will write better than me.
- Well versed in planning campaigns across multiple platforms
- Great client-facing experience.
- Great creative management abilities
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects.
The ECDs position requires ongoing and in-depth interactions with the following:
The ECD reports to the CEO. As assigned, the ECD has overall responsibility for leading the client creative effort. Within the agency, the ECD is a thought leader for the client and works closely with all agency personnel in developing and executing deliverables. The ECD will have direct client contact with assigned agency clients. Must be an excellent pitch person, with great written and oral communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
The ECD has four areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables.
- Collaborates with members of the new business team, such as, Head of Account Services, Head of New Business, President and Head of Strategy, on preparation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the client.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: media output, creative output, research reports and client data.
- Provide client platform / business updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities and threats to their business
- Defining creative scope works with peers in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides creative leadership within the agency on behalf of the client.
- Monitors all budget, research and creative activity.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow.
- Educating clients and a track record of creating awesome work.
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity working
Project & Product Management
- Manage client projects, involved with client projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Provide and maintain projects status - liaising with development teams, designers and commercial staff to provide accurate updates of project statuses
- Project quality assurance - testing and review of output, reviewing outputted deliverables against scope
- Understands: positioning development, marketing plans, manufacturing or development needs, timeline and roadmap planning, stats analysis and reporting.
- Strong creative approach for video, interactive and user journey experience with proven skills in interaction design, brand and campaign concepting and execution.
- Management and leadership skills
- Able to decipher complex communication briefs and objectives into intelligent design/copy and media / technology solutions. - Master storyteller with the ability to command a room and build strong client relationships.
- Previous cross discipline experience that covers interactive / experiential design, creative media arts, social, broadcast, immersive and reactive environments and narrative storytelling for multi-sensory physical experiences.
- Management and mentoring of creative team. Able to concept and translate a complex technology driven idea to action and drive team to successful execution.