The Art Director (AD) maintains and grows a client's brand with the agency on an ongoing and project basis. They execute the day-to-day agency creative efforts on behalf of the client’s product and/or service on assigned accounts, typically working closely with other team members. In this role, the AD insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Conceptual creation of ideas spanning all areas of integrated communication, branding and interactive programs.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- Deliver a consistently superior creative product.
- Innovative solutions and experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts, Media Arts, Interaction Design or equivalent education and experience.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of experience as an Art Director.
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- Knowledge of web application design and build
- Experience in Integrated marketing / interactive and broadcast work.
- Will hate my spacing and bullet use.
- Well versed in planning campaigns across multiple platforms
- Great client-facing experience.
- A portfolio comprised of campaign, e-commerce, experiential and portal works for major brands.
- Strong concept, presentation and client-facing skills
- 3D/motion sensibility, broadcast experience.
- Creation of style-guides
- Well versed in web technologies, best practices, emerging trends in media and marketing
- Experience in pitch-work
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
The ADs position requires ongoing and in-depth interactions with the following:
- Internal: The AD reports to the ECD. As assigned, the AD has overall responsibility for creating conceptual and art direction for the client creative effort. Within the agency, the AD works closely with all agency personnel in developing and executing deliverables.
- External: The AD will have direct client contact with assigned agency clients. Must be an excellent pitch person, with great written and oral communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
The AD has four areas of responsibility (specific duties of each are explained below)
Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables.
- Collaborates with other creatives, design, broadcast, print or interactive production on preparation of marketing concepts and work for the client.
- Provide client platform / business updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities and threats to their business. Understands best practices.
- Kills it in creating work with peers.
Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides art direction leadership within the agency on behalf of the client.
- Monitors his own budget, research and creative activity.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow.
- Educating clients and a track record of creating awesome work.
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity working
Project & Product Management
- Completes client projects, involved with client projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Provides status - liaising with development teams, designers and commercial staff to provide accurate updates of project statuses.
- Project quality assurance - testing and review of output, reviewing outputted deliverables against scope
- Strong creative approach for video, interactive and user journey experience with proven skills in interaction design, brand and campaign concepting and execution.
- Management and leadership skills
- Able to decipher complex communication briefs and objectives into intelligent design/copy and media / technology solutions. - storyteller.
- Previous cross discipline experience that covers interactive / experiential design, creative media arts, immersive and reactive environments and narrative storytelling for multi-sensory physical experiences.
- Mentoring of any junior creative team members. Able to concept and translate a complex technology driven idea to action and drive team to successful execution.
- Directs art creation, i.e. photoshoots, etc.