An experienced writer who is responsible for concepts through finished copy for all assigned projects. Often works as part of a creative team (paired with an art director for example) to achieve the client's objectives through creative imagery and effective message strategies. May supervise others and have client contact. A senior copywriter may manage other copywriters in overall efforts to research, conceptualize, write, proofread and edit original content and digital experiences. A copywriter helps to determine tone, style, structure and voice of editorial content, based on available space, knowledge of editorial principles, aesthetic sense and brand considerations, working directly with Creative Directors, Digital, Brand and Media Strategists, Art Directors, Interactive and Front-end Developers, IA’s, Content Specialists & Designers.
- Works closely with AD, AE, and Production personnel as a team member on assigned accounts to produce effective themes, campaigns, etc.
- Write, edit, and proof content and copy
- Work with the team to develop experiences that exceed client goals, carry out the creative vision, and fulfill marketing & strategy's mission
- Actively seek out and help define new creative possibilities for client engagements, from brand story telling, content, rich media ad units and social media programs, to original video scripts, apps, digital signage, traditional and untraditional media.
- Assist in leading, developing and growing the copy/content team
- Assist in communicating and presenting copy to internal teams and clients
- Maintains consistently high standards of writing which will enhance the agency-client relationship.
- Helps develop and guide creative ideas based on input from client, AE, and personal research.
- Monitors the progress of assigned projects through each phase of development, i.e., layout, production, media, and research.
- Maintains a reasonable library of own reference material relating to assigned clients.
- Submits copy (depending on work assignments for specific accounts) to the CD for review and comment.
- Assures accuracy, completeness, and neatness of own copy from initial submission to CD through final copy and type proofs.
- Meets copy deadlines, or secures advance approval from the AE/CD if additional time is needed.
- Contributes ideas to generate more client activity beyond normally scheduled projects.
- Participates in client-agency meetings at the agency, when appropriate.
- Displays professional courtesy to clients and co-workers; is considerate of their work schedules.
- On the digital side, Communicate with team leads to coordinate concept, copy, interface, graphic design and navigational structure of project with functional aspects
Measures of Accountability
- His/Her creativity contributions and routines contribute to the client's marketing success and agency profitability.
- His/Her work reflects intelligent thinking, good organization, and accuracy.
- He/She meets reasonable assignment deadlines with consistent and dependably high levels of performance.
- Maintains a productive and harmonious relationship with supervisor and other members of the account team.