The Account Executive (AE) maintains and grows our client's business with on an ongoing and project basis. They direct and coordinate the day-to-day agency business efforts on behalf of the client’s product and/or service on assigned accounts. In this role, the AE insures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Proper and innovative execution of work in all areas on schedule.
- Deliver a consistently superior creative product.
- Can effectively articulate the agency’s point of view and effectively defend
The role is client facing and has scope for career development and enhancing skills across a range of disciplines.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Advertising or PR
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- Minimum of 4 years experience in account management (digital, production, creative)
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of project types, from interactive to print, broadcast, content and social platforms
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills — have the ability to synthesize, develop and present clear and concise recommendations
- Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- General knowledge of all aspects of clients business and the ability to apply that knowledge to meaningful insights, counsel and planning for the clients business and agency assignments
- Experience working with clients to develop and negotiate contracts, project scopes and budgets
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects.
The AE’s position requires ongoing and in-depth interactions with the following:
- Internal: The AE reports to an Account Director or Head of Account Services.
- External: The AE will have direct client contact with assigned agency clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
The AE has four areas of responsibility
- Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Partners with clients for strategic and executional needs
- Collaborates with the Account Supervisor or Manager, Client Services, on preparation of marketing recommendations, strategies and actions for the client.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: media output, creative output, research reports and client data.
- Provide client platform / business updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities and threats to their business
- Defining project scope, estimate and writing proposals, works with producer in the creation of project specifications and time plans.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret, prioritize and incorporate additional and/or shifting information into existing strategies, projects and plans
- Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provides leadership within the agency on behalf of the client and prepares all client briefs.
- Monitors all budget, research and production activity on assigned accounts and communicates status of each project to appropriate agency and client personnel in order to meet project deadlines.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive workflow. Escalating exceptions and client issues to Director level as required.
- Educating clients and managing their needs and expectations.
- Keeping project status reports up to date
- Assists the producer in monitoring and enforcing project constraints (schedule / scope / resources)
- Project Management
- Provide and maintain projects status - liaising with producers and teams, media and third party staff to provide accurate updates of client project statuses
- Quality assurance - testing and review of output, reviewing outputted deliverables against scope
- Source of assets from clients, other agencies and third party suppliers.
- Assist clients in: positioning development, marketing plans, timeline and roadmap planning (i.e. product launch plans), stats analysis and reporting
4. Marketing & Sales
- As assigned, coordinate, lead and manage new business presentations
- Updating portfolio items for marketing materials
- Manage new business or creative decks
- Arrange creative presentations and meetings
- Seek new opportunities to add value to existing clients
- Working with clients to sign off submitted work
- Invoice chasing and escalation as needed